Top 10 (#2) Beach Reads
Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. For more details of this feature you can check out The Broke and the Bookish.
This week's topic is: Top Ten Books that I plan to have in my beach bags this Summer or ten books I think make great beach reads.
Summer (for me) should be entertaining & light because, come on, school's out, it's time to have fun! My idea of fun is reading books under my favorite genre: contemporary romance.
Although summer means school's out, I still have to "work" part-time in our bakery. But I imagine I'll definitely bring one or two of this books when I hit the beach. A bunch of this would be a *re-read. And the list isn't arranged.
- Isla and the Happily Ever After* by Stephanie Perkins - This is a must (re-)read for me this summer. I'm not an 'uber-'fan of the book but I love that the gang got together, at last, towards the ending. And Etienne!
- Since You've Been Gone* by Morgan Matson - This practically says summer in the synopsis. A to-do/bucket list? Of course you've got to finish that on summer!
- The Isle of the Lost by Melissa dela Cruz - A fairy tale retelling featuring villains? Yes, please! I've been wanting to read this and the perfect time to read villain retellings are summer.
- Bride by Mistake* by Nicole Helm - I would re-read this anytime of the year. Summer should be light and fun like this one.
- P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han - One of my most anticipated release of the year. And it's out this summer (in our country, anyway) and I have to read this when it's out.
- Kissing in America by Margo Rabb - This has been hanging out on my phone (I have an e-reader app) and it just has to be read.
- The Summer of Chasing Mermaids by Sarah Ockler - Nothing says summer than chasing mermaids, ain't that right, Ariel?
- Of Poseidon* by Anna Banks - Nothing says summer than hanging out with mermaids, ain't that right, Ariel?
- Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson - This, too, has been hanging out with Kissing in America in my phone and it literally says summer, so I think this would be a must-read?
- The Avery Shaw Experiment* by Kelly Oram - School's out but I like reading "geeky" books in summer. And this book is a LOL book so, a re-read!